We’re in the heart of summer and if you’re in San Francisco, summer just got started! Woo! I’m sure you want to be enjoying the summer weather and the relaxed vibe that comes with it, and if you’re like me, you don’t want to spend all of your time in the kitchen. Here is a recipe that meets the clean plate requirements and won’t keep you away from summer.
- Filet of petrale sole
- 1/2 teaspoon of capers
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking tray or sheet with a large square of parchment paper— make sure you have enough parchment paper so that you can create a pouch for the fish. Make sure you also get the right kind of parchment paper for baking— there should not be any wax!
- Wash the fish and pat dry. Place the fish on the parchment paper and cover with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, and capers.
- Fold the parchment paper over the fish and twist the ends so that the liquid is trapped and the fish is in a pouch.
- Bake for about 12 minutes depending on your oven.
- Open the parchment paper and put your fish on a plate. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve with a green salad and enjoy!
Note: if you are going to make more than one filet of fish, make separate pouches for each fish.
Try it and let me know what you think!